Rent a marketing manager
Experienced marketing managers are expensive. But at some point, every business needs expert help with all kinds of marketing activity. Borrowing a marketing manager means that your marketing budget is used wisely, without you having to hire an extra resource.
What is the rent a marketing manager scheme?
There are just two places available on the scheme at any time. This means that I have the time and space to do an excellent and focused job for those clients.
The scheme provides my time to act as your marketing manager for six days every month. Six days may not seem like a lot, but believe me, you get a ton of work done in just a single day when your work is contract-based!
We will have a monthly discussion (more frequently if you like) to set my priorities, followed by a chat on weekdays whenever you want it. Just like an employee (but without the pension, sick pay, holiday pay and NI), you can choose whatever work you want me to do, and change my activities at any time.
Just some examples of activities under the scheme:
- Creating a marketing and brand strategy
- Developing advertising campaigns and working with ad agencies
- Writing and running online adverts, such as Google Adwords and LinkedIn Advertising
- Running social media accounts, such as Twitter and Facebook
- Updating company websites
- Running email newsletter campaigns
- Simple graphic design
- Writing and distributing news releases
- Writing blog posts
- Creating brochures and printing them inexpensively online
- Booking exhibition space and creating exhibition stands
- Briefing design agencies for new packaging and web design
- Designing and running market research projects
- And much, much more!
Why do you need to rent a marketing manager?
At some point, a company will become large enough to be able to do regular marketing activities. This helps them to grow further. But it’s often also the point at which the company doesn’t want to invest in an internal marketing specialist. That’s where I come in.
Most marketing is expensive. Using an expert makes sure that your budget is used wisely. Because I do the marketing for my own small business (and plenty of others), I know how to get the most from a limited budget and I know what works. But the added advantage is that my big brand background gives an extra strategic dimension to my work.
What will you get out of it?
The rent a marketing manager scheme gives you:
- An experienced marketing specialist to run your company’s marketing activity.
- Complete control: you get to decide what I’ll be working on.
- Complete visibility: a monthly report will detail what exactly I’ve been working on, plus my suggested priorities for the following month.
How much does it cost?
The rent a marketing manager scheme costs:
£1,950 per month + VAT + any travel required (billed at 45p per mile)